Saturday, January 12, 2008

Huckahumor #1

So this morning, before I've had my coffee, I mumble to my husband, apropos of I-really-don't-know-what-anymore:
How could that be?
And he cleverly points out that if you're still sleepy and mumbly, that phrase sounds just like
Huckabee?
Which I'm pretty sure is what the Republican muckety-mucks were wondering after Iowa:
Huckabee? How could that be?
As leery as I am of a prospective President who believes wives should "graciously submit" to their husbands, I can't help feeling some schadenfreude at all the consternation that the Republican establishment is feeling about this upstart from Arkansas. For years they've pandered to religious social conservatives. Now those same voters are demanding their share of the political pie. And why shouldn't they? Assuming they're not swept up in the Rapture before November, of course.

1 comment:

Sugarmag said...

In conversation the other day, mo mom accidentally called Huckabee "Hucklebuck." I about fell off my chair laughing. I don't know I it was so funny, but it was.